Most of our applicants are seriously considering farming or gardening as a career. Apprentices do well here if they are open to what there is to learn. Prior field experience can be very helpful but not as important as a willingness to meet the demands of the farm each day.
It is essential that you:
- Are able to commit to the entire season (May through October) and have a good work ethic
- Are physically able to do field work, which involves a combination of stamina, strength and flexibility
- Are able to work well with others in a team, have good communications skills, and are prepared to contribute time and energy to the well being of community life
Please review our Apprentice Contract so you understand expectations if offered a position and unusual circumstances that may lead to terminating our arrangement before the end of the season. We require COVID-19 vaccination and actively practice current COVID safety protocols.
Several of the particulars covered below change year to year. Exact information for the upcoming season will be covered in the interview process.
- Private Room
- Food from the field and supplemental bulk items
- Monthly Stipend (begins at $600, increasing by $100 each month)
- Worker’s Comp insurance
- Sick Days as needed
- Vacation Time Off